We’re Your Anchorage Holistic Dentist! Here’s What That Means
Out of all the options for dental care in Anchorage, why should you go to your local, holistic dentist?
It’s true that other dentists offer many of the same services that we do, including general and cosmetic dentistry, implants, dentures, and sedation. It’s also true that we have all the same credentials.
So what makes us so different?
Your Anchorage holistic dentist considers some traditional dentistry practices harmful to the human body, whether or not they are beneficial to the teeth and gums. We provide natural alternatives to these traditional dental treatments that promote the health of your teeth and gums without harming your overall health.
Read this article and explore the links to see what we mean. If you agree with our perspective, you may want to switch to your Anchorage holistic dentist.
Ready to make the switch to your Anchorage holistic dentist? Send us a message or give us a call at (907) 276-5522!
1. Your Holistic Dentist Cares About the Health of the Whole Body
Your dental health has a greater impact on your overall health than you may think, affecting things like:
- Mental health
- Sleep apnea in kids, teens, and adults
- ADHD in children and other behavioral disorders
- And much more
Explore the links above that interest you. We have done a lot of research on the connections between dental health and mental and physical health. The treatments you receive at our office are designed with this information in mind and will always promote your overall health, not just your dental health.
2. Your Holistic Dentist Looks for Natural Alternatives
Whenever a dental issue arises, we will recommend the most natural, non-invasive treatment first, such as:
- Dietary changes for you or your child
- Alternative methods for cleaning your teeth
- Natural remedies for maladies like dry sockets
- Tongue positioning for poor alignment of the teeth, jaw, head, and neck
- Dental devices for poor alignment in adults
- Healthy Start for poor alignment in children
- Alternatives to traditional bracket and wire braces
- Dental alternatives to CPAP for sleep apnea for you or your child
- Alternatives to mercury amalgam silver fillings
All these treatments are intended to cause the least damage to your mouth and body and protect you from exposure to unnecessary chemicals.
3. Your Holistic Dentist Wants to Make Change for the Better
Many of the alternative dental treatments we provide are in response to patient discomfort and illness with traditional treatments. There are two in particular that we are most passionate about.
- We offer dental alternatives to CPAP for sleep apnea because many patients are “CPAP rejects” who struggle so much with the discomfort of the CPAP machine that they cannot get effective treatment (or sleep).
- We offer alternatives to mercury amalgam silver fillings because studies have shown that mercury amalgam may have adverse effects on the health of the patients who use this material in their fillings.
Our primary motivation is to provide dental care that is in your best interest.
If you have found that some of these topics are important to you, we would love to talk. Let’s get you in for an appointment with your Anchorage holistic dentist. Send us a message or give us a call at (907) 276-5522!